Vivint Home Security FAQ’s
Learn why more than 1.7 million customers trust Vivint to keep their homes safe.
LOOKING FOR PEACE OF MIND? LET’S TALK
How Much Does Vivint Cost?
- Vivint Security monitoring packages start at $19.99 per month depending on your choice of security equipment.
- Call us at 800-598-5228 for a free quote. Our attentive Vivint sales reps can customize a system unique to your needs and give you exact pricing in just a few short minutes!
I Moved Into A Home With a Vivint System - How Do I Activate It?
Here are your next steps to get your panel activated:
1. Call us! We will confirm whether the system is currently active and walk you through any other equipment in the home. 800-598-5228- press 1 for new accounts.
2. We will then schedule a call between you and an activation specialist to make sure your system is up-to-date and working correctly, all over the phone.
3. Make sure to ask about any additional equipment you may want to include in your home.
4. Start enjoying your new Vivint system with no contract at a locked monthly price!
How Do I Qualify for the Vivint Referral Program?
- Share your love of Vivint Security with friends and family.
- Once a friend or family member uses your referral code to purchase their own Vivint system, you will both be credited with rewards!
- Don’t have a referral code from your friend or family member? Call us at 800-598-5228 with their address and phone number so we can apply rewards to both accounts!
Does Vivint Require a Credit Check?
- No! There are many different purchase options for new customers.
- Call us at 800-598-5228 to speak with a Vivint sales rep about which payment option works best for you.
Does Vivint Require a Contract?
- No! Vivint does not require a contract when you pay for your security equipment upfront. You’ll only have to pay for monitoring each month.
- Vivint contract lengths vary based on equipment financing.
- Our minimal contract length is month to month.
- Vivint customers receive benefits for maintaining a contract term, such as discounted equipment upgrades, price lock guarantees, and in-home warranty service.
Is there an Installation fee for Vivint?
- Vivint often has free installation promotions available!
- We also offer “self-install” packages made for simple customer installation
- Call 800-598-5228 for more information on our professional installation.
If my power goes out, will my Vivint system still work?
- All Vivint systems are equipped with a backup battery in the case of a power outage.
- If you live in an area where loss of power is common, Vivint offers an extended backup battery for power outages longer than 48 hours.
Will Vivint work without WiFi?
Yes, our security system is built off a wireless cellular connection, so you won’t need WiFi or a phone line!
Does Vivint Equipment come with a warranty?
Our loyal customers receive a life-time warranty on their Vivint equipment.